Her passion and imagination was so vast and so wild, it came curling from the top of her head ~M.J. FAHEL MCKIMZEY | I'm a brave ragamuffin princess raised in SC! Bookdragon, Blogger, Vlogger Scriptsmith, Artisan ,&; Bard for Christ.

02 July, 2017

#30daysofbrave 10/30: "You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Day 10/30:


TODAY'S BRAVE ACT

DONE.

12:09AM


Ari
Today's brave act is to:

Ask three consecutive 'whys' to someone today.

By asking WHY three times we go beyond the surface-level habitual responses and get to the real root of a question or problem.
or.... yesterday's, now
lolz
as it is 12am
but can I ask you?

Savannah
Sure

Ari
gimme a moment, doing these challenges get harder and harder each day.

Savannah
Haha

Ari
xP
first one will be why do you think I struggle so hard with forgiving myself?

Savannah
I think it's because you have low self esteem

Ari
why do you think low self esteem is such a relevant issue in my life?

Savannah
I think it's because you've been emotionally abused by a lot of people starting with your biological father. And depression plays a huge part in that as well

Ari
then lastly, why, as in what is the greatest obstacle I face which stops me from overcoming this flaw of mine?

Savannah
Moving out of your parents house.
I feel your daddy is constantly criticizing you unnecessarily and it makes you worse.

Ari
he, too, thinks I'll grow more, once I move out


INSPIRING QUOTE OF THE DAY


"You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

- ANDRE GIDE


TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION


TODAY'S JOURNAL PROMPTS


  • A recent fear that I would like to overcome …
  • Why does this fear make me feel scared and uncomfortable?
  • Why does matter to me that I overcome this fear?
  • Why have I been previously been unable to overcome this fear? 

The fear of letting go and trusting. It weighs me down in my spiritual growth.

Trusting people and the Lord requires to face the unknown. It also require to let go of what I want to believe to be true. It requires facing and letting go of memories of being let down by the very people one would think you could trust.

It matters to me that I overcome this, because I don't want to be held back anymore. I want to trust God some much that my confidence is in Him alone. I wanna get on with my life without always limping spiritually.

Each time I try to overcome this fear, though, something happens to trip me up and I give up. When I rise enough, to walk, someone else betrays me, another person abandons me, someone strikes an unhealed wound, and I'm hiding again...



Luceo non uro,

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Darkness has no substance of its own"

So the past few days, I have been incredibly productive.  With my mental health sorta going really down after some incredibly unfortunate ci...