Her passion and imagination was so vast and so wild, it came curling from the top of her head ~M.J. FAHEL MCKIMZEY | I'm a brave ragamuffin princess raised in SC! Bookdragon, Blogger, Vlogger Scriptsmith, Artisan ,&; Bard for Christ.

06 July, 2017

#30daysofbrave 12-14/30: Missed a couple of days...


Day 12/30


TODAY'S BRAVE ACT

Say 'no' to a pending invitation or opportunity that would get in the way of your current 30-day goal.

If you can, decide right now what you will say 'no' to today so you are prepared when the time comes to share your decision.

(I have no pending invitations or opportunities as of this time)


INSPIRING QUOTE OF THE DAY


"Often the difference between a successful person and a failure is not one's better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on his ideas, to take a calculated risk, and to act."

- MAXWELL MALTZ




TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION


Any brave adventure can be broken down into a series of calculated risks. So the more diligent I am in calculating each risky decision, the more prepared I am to prevent the worst from happening. In turn, I have more clarity and confidence to take that next brave step forward.

TODAY'S JOURNAL PROMPTS


  • I've been unable to move forward with …
  • Unknowns that make me hesitant to proceed …
  • One simple thing I can do now to gain clarity on the path forward …

Lately I have been unable to move forward with standing up for myself because I have, myself felt not worth standing up for. I've felt as though I am meaningless.

I feel as though the unknowing of whether I even fit in with Christ's plan makes it hard to want to proceed in even life. It makes things difficult to rise up especially after being cast out, again... from the fellowship of His people. Thus, I isolate myself and am unwilling to face the fear of abandonment, betrayal and being hurt again.

I need only to simply rise out of bed, and face the fear, head on. Go into it, with confidence and enter. I need only to go out there to have clarity in this time. But the question is when and if it will happen.




Day 13/30:


TODAY'S BRAVE ACT

Define the one thing you can do every day, no matter what, that will help you achieve your 30-day goal.
  • Create at least one piece of art.
  • Eat at appropriate times, and normal helpings
  • Treat myself with dignity (hygiene)

INSPIRING QUOTE OF THE DAY


"Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
- FRANCIS OF ASSISI


TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION


What are the chances that I will get what I want without going after it? Slim to none. When I’m acting from a place of ambition, I’m guaranteed some form of success. I will live up to my potential by taking the initiative to take that brave step towards what I really want.

TODAY'S JOURNAL PROMPTS

  • If I wasn't able to succeed in my 30-day goal what might be the biggest reason?
  • I can mitigate the risk of that happening by doing the following …
The biggest reason that I'd not succeed in my 30-day goal is falling deep into my depression and giving up hope. The only reason I never finished any challenges was because of this... 

I could take 15 minutes out of my day to myself and focus on the challenge.  Setting a time specifically for doing my challenge. Which would most likely be at 2PM. I think this action would be the best solution.



Day 14/30


TODAY'S BRAVE ACT

Choose one of the determined micro-challenges:

Remember, it is in the small, seemingly insignificant things that we begin to flex our brave muscle and adopt new normals.

INSPIRING QUOTE OF THE DAY


"A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work."
- COLIN POWELL


TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION


My lot in life has been determined by the actions I have and haven't taken. Today, I will do what I know needs to be done to accomplish what I’ve set out to achieve. I have the will and skill to fight through resistance. To understand the fears that I encounter, not run from them, and in turn, I will overcome them.

TODAY'S JOURNAL PROMPTS



  • What has previously interfered with my ability to perform? (e.g. limiting beliefs, values, people, systems, etc)
  • Which of these are external limitations, and which are internal?

I would say what has interfered with my ability to perform most is that my mind is stuck, like a broken record, playing and replaying the same thing. I am chained to my past and this keeps me from moving past many things. Not to mention there has been a lot of people and situations that do not make it any easier. My heart is deeply broken.

Most of my issues are internal, however, speedy days and constant exhaustion makes it difficult as well. But most is the inward pain of life. The normalities of living.

Luceo non uro,

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Darkness has no substance of its own"

So the past few days, I have been incredibly productive.  With my mental health sorta going really down after some incredibly unfortunate ci...