Her passion and imagination was so vast and so wild, it came curling from the top of her head ~M.J. FAHEL MCKIMZEY | I'm a brave ragamuffin princess raised in SC! Bookdragon, Blogger, Vlogger Scriptsmith, Artisan ,&; Bard for Christ.

14 July, 2017

#30daysofbrave 20-22/30: Missed a couple days, again....

TODAY'S BRAVE ACT

Commit to one uncomfortable conversation today.

Feeling out of place? Don't worry, the other person is too.


INSPIRING QUOTE OF THE DAY


"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt."

- SYLVIA PLATH

TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION


I am eager to invite others to take part in my brave adventure because though it all, memories and goals are much more satisfying when savored. From best friends to complete strangers, I listen sincerely because each perspective brings its own unique value.  An attitude of understanding removes limiting barriers and allows for mutual constructive growth. I always seek to recognize the potential in others and will encourage them in their own brave intentions.


TODAY'S JOURNAL PROMPTS

  • What conversation do I need to have that I’ve been putting off?
  • What am I scared of that has prevented me from having this conversation?

I feel as though I need to confront my old pastor, if not for my sake, for the next poor soul who wanders in there with similar issues as mine. He hasn't been acting Christ-like even if he was intending to be Christ-like and kind in his actions.

I'm scared that I might be in the wrong and may be treated with contempt. As I hate confronting others after conflict. It frightens me to be hurt again by words or tones. And if I was in the wrong... it would not have been worth while....




TODAY'S BRAVE ACT

Be vulnerably brave to ask someone for help that has already done what you're trying to do.

INSPIRING QUOTE OF THE DAY


"We should be inspired by people... who show that human beings can be kind, brave, generous, beautiful, strong-even in the most difficult circumstances."

- RACHEL CORRIE


TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION


Taking that brave step forward may be scary, but it doesn't have to be a mystery. There are other's who have already climbed the mountains and taken the steps I want to take. More often than not, these mentors are honored to share how they did it and what they would've done differently. I will be brave today by asking for help.


TODAY'S JOURNAL PROMPTS


  • I would like more guidance in the following area:
  • Someone who I can reach out to today to ask for help with this:
I would like more guidance in doing my artwork. Especially in Celtic artwork. I truly wish to reach all ends of my heart and passion through art, and my heritage is such a deep passion of mine. I could remind my father as he is learning the same thing and also aims to teach my sister and myself.




TODAY'S BRAVE ACT

Gratitude may be perceived as a useful emotion for a greater well being[1], but few people seek it out consciously.

Today, set 3 gratitude alarms to go off at random times during today. As they alarm, stop whatever it is your doing and bring to mind 3 things you’re grateful for in that moment :)
If you'd like to deeply feel the power of gratitude in 5 minutes, try this 5 minute gratitude meditation.

INSPIRING QUOTE OF THE DAY

"When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears."

- TONY ROBBINS



TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION


Fear is why I don’t take action on my intentions and anger is why I get stuck. Choosing to be grateful, however, even if only for a few moments, transforms my perspective of fear and anger to appreciation and contentment. I remind myself that it is impossible to be fearful while being grateful at the same time. Gratitude then, is my ultimate go-to tool for navigating bravely through the journey ahead.


 TODAY'S JOURNAL PROMPTS



  • Something I can see in my environment that brings me joy … 
  • A recent coincidence that left me with a smile … 
  • A person I am blessed to have in my life right now …

-Daddy allowed me to have his altar in my room, recently, It has always brought me comfort throughout my life. And with it in my room, inspiration, comfort and joy. It's my favorite piece of work that he did that I hope he will allow me to move out with.


-I was put in the right place and right time today, when walking to drop off a prescription at home, today. Where a mother and her two-year-old was waiting  in the heat for a taxi ride that kept them waiting for an entire hour. She had no phone connection and needed to pick up her other baby at 8-months from daycare and the time window was shrinking. 

I overheard her talking to herself about having no vehicle was a struggle and I struck conversation, with her that I knew how it was. Then I ended up learning she was new in town and had nobody there that she knew, I gave her my number and ended up lending the use of my phone, keeping tabs on her 2-year-old and waiting with her until her ride arrived.

-In this time, life has been rough on us both. She has lost her children due to a series of very unfortunate events and I have been cast out of church, losing friends, and struggling family issues. But, I am blessed so to have my best friend, even in these times. I would never have gotten this far without her...



Luceo non uro,

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Darkness has no substance of its own"

So the past few days, I have been incredibly productive.  With my mental health sorta going really down after some incredibly unfortunate ci...